Monday, March 1, 2010

Unexpected Adventure

I am posting this past midnight, but this post is for February 28, 2010. 
Today I woke up a bit earlier than I normally do on days I don't have school and nowhere in particular to be. I woke up, and greeted my parents as they discussed what they were doing for the day. They mentioned taking the dogs for a walk and I knew I needed some exercise today, and decided to go along too. I thought it would be a pretty moderate walk, but ended up being a pretty decent hike. In the town I live in, there is a giant antennae structure that you can see out in the hills from almost anywhere in the town. It is really high up, and as a kid we would always call it the giant's golf ball. I had heard of people hiking to it before, and I had always wanted to sometime. The fields and hills it's located in is right next to my house- which is so cool! We took a very beautiful path that used to be a road for people who worked with the oil rigs. With all the rain there was plenty of greenery to enjoy and admire. As we trekked up the hills, we saw the ball from a distance. We decided to just try to go all the way to it, even though we thought it was going to be a long and hard walk. We didn't exactly know which way we were supposed to go, but we thought as long as we kept going up, we'd eventually get there. At one point, we turned off of a pretty lush path onto another road (this one still in use) and as we turned we saw how close we had come to the ball! We were only a short ways a way. We followed the road that lead us right to it! I know this post might not make a lot of sense, but it was a really cool feeling. I've seen this ball off in the distance on the tall hills of my town, and now I was right next to it! The hike was beautiful and I feel blessed to live by such a beautiful area. :)

 
Landscape, the hills are lovely


View of the city.

The ball in the distance!

 
Some of the lovely greenery. 




After the rain...

 

  
A view of part of the trail.


Made it to the ball! Obviously, I'm excited :)



  
Old fence. 
Cows on the way back...

 
For fun, I thought I'd take a hiking wardrobe photo:
Sweatshirt: UCSB Store
Jeans: Gotchalk's
Shoes: Ryka, free!
Bag: Target
Shirt: American Apparel InterVarsity shirt

The hike took about an hour and half to get to the top, but went a lot quicker coming down. I really love spending the time with my family and getting to see some beautiful scenery. Also, some great exercise! 

When I got home I cleaned up and got ready to spend some time with Daniel and for night service at my Church. 
 My outfit: 

 
I'm not happy about how these photos turned out so much, but hey, it works!
Dress: Styles 4 Less
Shirt: ? I've had this shirt for probably 7 years!
Tights: Target
Flats: Target
Bag: gift, Calvin Klein

 
Daniel and I having some wardrobe fun :)
Daniel and I went to the thrift store (found a shirt and vest) and then the mall, to just hang out and walk around. Church went really well and afterward we went to Panda Express for some yummy grub. I didn't get my usual favorites: Orange chicken, cream cheese wantons, chow mein, etc. Instead I got some healthier options, and I was so proud to resist the delicious temptation. I got mixed veggies, string bean chicken, and beef and brocoli along with a little white rice. I'm happy to be finding some healthier options at some of the places Daniel likes to eat most!

Well, tomorrow (today now) is going to be Monday, going to be another great and busy week! My blog posts probably won't be nearly this long until next weekend!

Wishing well Mondays all around.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the photos :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!
love the photos, looks like youre having fun!
as always, thanks for sharing
and thank you so so much for the lovely comments

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

A Clumsy Way of Life said...

Thank you both! I love your blogs, they both are very inspiring to me, thank you for checking out mine!