Friday, March 12, 2010

Finally the Weekend

Wow! Has this felt like a long week! I had two exams today, in political science and chemistry. On top of that I had a quiz for my sociology class. I didn't post last night because I pretty much did an outfit repeat from a few weeks ago and I just had too much studying to do. I know my blog is thrilling to read, but this is the real life of my academic career! I feel pretty confident about all the tests I had, but am even happier to have them done! We also had Bible Study today and had a great discussion on the concept of justice. It was really interesting to listen to everyone opinions and to just see how differently we all viewed it. I'm looking forward to really looking into some passages and trying to discover what Jesus says about justice. We also had a longer time just hanging out and playing games. We made hot dogs too. In a hot dog toaster. Yest, it exists! It is a toaster with circular inserts where you stick the hot dog in and inserts shaped as the hot dog bun, and you push the lever down like a regular toaster, and it cooks your hot dog and toasts your bun! It was such a cool thing! So we had a lovely and fattening meal of hot dogs and potato chips, everyone seemed to be happy :)
Rest of the night was spent with my best friend, family and boyfriend. We ate yummy and healthy burritos, along with watching Survivor and Project Runway. Lovely night I would say!

Outfit for today:

This skirt is from my jr. high and early high school years when I considered myself a bit of a rocker chick. This is probably the only remaining item I have from that era, so it's probably about 5 or 6 years old! It is a little hard to tell in the photo, but the skirt is pink!

Skirt: Dickies, bought at Ross
Shirt: Small store in a nearby city
Cardigan: Thrifted
Tights: JC Penney's
Shoes: Macy's
Headband: Claire's

Better view of the shoes, I love them!

Also, typically my completely awesome Mom takes my photos, but on these Kylie (best friend) took them for me! Thank you guys! 
Happy Fridays everyone!

1 comment:

Blair McLeod said...

i am loving your outfits!!

i blog hopped to your blog from a comment you left on One Pearl Button. So glad i popped over to your world over here. Love that a lot of your items are thrifted or from other inexpensive places. You are speaking my language!!