Monday, March 1, 2010

Just Another Manic- or the complete opposite of Manic- Monday

I think I have mixed feelings having Monday's off every week. I have some volunteer stuff I do for about an hour every Monday, but that is my only real obligation. I usually think "Wow, I'm going to get SO much reading and homework done," but that isn't always quite what happens. I realized that days when I have somewhere to be early and a lot scheduled, I am much more productive. So, despite being non-stop from 9:30am-4:30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I think I get the most done those two days. When I get home from a long day, it seems to almost be easier to get homework done. On Monday's it's easier to just keep hitting the snooze button, procrastinate and just have an extra day of the weekend.
Today I did run some errands with my Mom and had lunch with her at El Pollo Loco, which was fun, and something I much rather do than read for Political Science! I also volunteer at an after school program for kids (k-6th) in a neighborhood that consists mostly of migrant workers. The kids were very hyper today and had a lot of homework! I love seeing them each week and admire the amount of energy these kids possess! So that is always a light in my Mondays!
Tomorrow, I know will be busy and productive, but fulfilling and fun!
In our chapter of InterVarsity, every other Tuesday we have a thing called a Mission Team Meeting, which is a time for people who want to be more involved with the fellowship to come together, plan events, and have some teachings. This week we are going to be learning about race and ethnic identity. I think it is going to be interesting and I am looking forward to writing a great post about what I learn tomorrow.

My outfit for the day:

 
Shirt: Thrifted (mentioned in yesterdays post)
Cardigan: Macy's
Jeans: Kohls
Boots: Ross
Necklace: Gift from the boyfriend 


A better view of the boots. I was so unsure about these when I picked them out the other day, but now I am so happy about them! I think they're really cute and pretty comfortable. They also make me an inch taller which is kind of fun! I also like how they went with my outfit today. This is my first pair of ankle boots, and I dig it :)

 
I love this necklace, Valentine's Day gift from Daniel.

 
More detail of the shirt too, I think it's pretty cute for $0.65!

Hope everyone has great Tuesdays!


1 comment:

Rhitbee said...

This is a cute look. I love the colour palette you've got going.