Monday, March 8, 2010

California Cold

Today I had the complete intention of waking up early and being incredibly productive.

Did that happen?

Not at all!

Anyways, I slept in today (and it did feel great despite the fact that I shouldn't have), had brunch with my Mom and played some Dance Dance Revolution to get some exercise and warm up. It was really cold today accompanied by chilly wind. We bought two new dance games and it was fun trying them out. I still need some practice before I'll be back to being as good as I used to be.
Afterward, I got cleaned up and dressed and went to work at a the kids after school program I work at every Monday. The group of girls that came today were very hyper, so it kept me more on my toes today! I really love watching the kids grab a board game, coloring book, or some other toy, and just be so entertained by it. It is cute watching their mind work and be so focused on their project. Hanging out with the kids is a nice escape from real life and gives good perspective when we are called to have "child-like faith."
I then met up with my best friend, Kylie, and we were able to catch up over some diet Pepsi's. I know they are bad for you. Yes, I'm probably addicted. I was so happy to just get to hang out and laugh over various things in our lives. With school being so busy for both of us this semester, it seems we see so little of each other! Last semester, we were together all the time!
I ran by the grocery store to pick up a few things and then headed home for some dinner with the family. Rest of my evening consisted of homework and now blogging. I have a quiz tomorrow in my Political Science class, and then an exam for it on Thursday as well as a Chemistry Exam. Going to be a busy week but I know it will be worth it come Friday! I love the feeling of accomplishment toward the end of a week.

Outfit for today:
 
It was so cold today! Well, cold for California, in the 50's!
 Also, kind of an awkward pose, but I love the natural smile that was captured.

Cropped Jacket: Old Navy, thrifted
Sweater: Old Navy
Jeans: Kohls
Boots: Thrifted
Necklace 1: Vintage
Elephant Necklace: Kylie went to England and got me this! :)


 

  

  
Detail of the necklaces and sweater.

 
Can't believe I found these lovelies at a thrift!
Wishing everyone fabulous Tuesdays!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i figured it out! aren't you proud of me? i LOVE when you smile with your teeth! love that picture. today was good, wasn't it? :)

A Clumsy Way of Life said...

Yes I am so proud of you! haha I'm so happy you're a follower now :) Today was really fun! Thanks for having drinks with me :)

Elaine said...

I love sleeping in :) It sounds like you had a great day today. Your outfit looks great and comfy!

clothedmuch.blogspot.com