Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Salt and Sand

Hello Wednesday! Or should I say goodnight as you'll be over in less than two hours? Anyways, today was a pretty productive day. I slept in a bit, ate a yummy and healthy breakfast, did homework and cleaned my room. This included making my bed, which I honestly can't remember when the last time that was. I'm really looking forward to crawling into a nice made bed tonight- there is no feeling like it! I always feel 3240328 times less stressed out walking into a clean room after a day at school or out and about. I typically can't think clearly when my room is a mess. It may be a little OCD, but you do what you got to do.
I had my Chemistry lab today, and it went well but was long! Lab is scheduled between 2:15-5:00, with us typically getting out around 4 or 4:30. Today we were there until about 5! Now I know that may not seem like a long time, our lab consisted of separating a mixture of salt and sand, which requires one to stare at boiling water for several minutes. Isn't there a saying to that? About not watching water boil, it won't make it go any faster? Well, I can't remember it. But I definitely learned that watching water boil DOES NOT make it boil faster.
After lab I ran some errands to prepare for Bible Study, came home, ate dinner with my family and did homework. Well, I still am doing homework but wanted to get a post in before the date changed. I have a test for my Sociology Family and Relationship class tomorrow, so I will be studying for that and preparing for bible study! Thursdays are always long, busy and fun days. I might even need to bring my camera to school to get an outfit shot!

Today's outfit:
 
 Dress: Macy's
Blazer: Christmas gift, JC Penney's
Tights: Kohls
Boots: JC Penney's
Bag: Old Navy


 
Earrings: Gift from the boyfriend <3 Target
and a more detail of the dress


Oh, hello camera...

 

  

  

  

When I have some more time I am going to write about what I learned last night about a teaching I went to on ethnic identity. It was great and I can't wait to share the knowledge and my thoughts!
Happy Thursdays to all. 


3 comments:

Elaine said...

I am the same way with cleanliness!! Sometimes when my mind is all jumbled I clean. IT is therapeutic :)

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Mel said...

WHOA this is crazy, I have my Chem lab at the exact same time (except starting at 2:10 instead) on the same day! I love your dress, the print is cool! Also your brown corduroy blazer is awesome!

A Clumsy Way of Life said...

Yes, cleaning is really therapeutic! I definitely agree :) Thanks for the comment, love your blog!

and Mel, Thank you so much! That is really cool we have labs around the same time, small world we live in :) I really like your blog too!